Adopt a Companion
Adopting a loving companion from a shelter will be a rewarding experience for you and your family. There are many advantages of adopting from a shelter. Here are just a few:
Should you adopt a pet?
We encourage you to take the time to consider all aspects of bringing a pet into your life before falling in love with a particular animal. The commitment to a cat or dog can easily last 10-20 years. Besides making sure that you can provide food, water, exercise, medical care, and companionship every day, please consider the following:
- Do you have time for a pet?
- Is your pet a good fit with your family and other pets?
- Can you have a pet where you live?
- Do you know where to find support for behavioral and medical problems?
- Is it a good time for you to adopt a pet? Will there be any changes in your life soon?
- Are your living arrangements suitable for the animal you have in mind?
You’re not alone! All of our shelters have resources on hand that can address your questions and concerns.
Adoptable Cats & Dogs
Between the six ASAP shelters, 13,738 cats and 8,671 dogs for a total of 22,409 animals were adopted into loving families in 2018 alone. Below, please find available cats and dogs that are currently looking for a home at our six shelter locations.
Want to enrich the lives of animals in your community? Looking to make a difference? Our ASAP coalition agencies offer many opportunities for volunteering – everything from walking shelter dogs, helping with events, socializing cats, cleaning kennels, to addressing envelopes for mailings. Several of our partners also have foster volunteer opportunities if you are ready to open your home to a pet who needs a little time away from the shelter.